THE UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION OF GEORGIA-CAROLINAS WITH BOARD MEMBER, UNITED NATIONS U.S. AMBASSADOR ANDREW J. YOUNG
- To mark its 75th anniversary in 2020, the United Nations will launch the biggest-ever global conversation on the role of global cooperation in building the future we want.
- The UN75 initiative will work with partners from around the world to initiate dialogues within and across borders, sectors and generations. The aim is to reach as many people as possible.
Why: The objective is to stimulate longer-term discussion – and action – on reinvigorating global cooperation and on solutions to the biggest challenges we face.
- To listen to their hopes and fears; and learn from their ideas and experiences.
- Through these conversations, the United Nations aims to build a global vision of 2045 - its centenary, to increase understanding of the threats to that future, and to generate ideas on expectations of global cooperation to secure that future.
- Global opinion polling and media analysis will be conducted in parallel to the dialogues to provide statistically representative data that can inform future communications and policy making.
- The views and ideas generated will be presented to world leaders and senior UN officials at a high-profile event in September 2020, as well as disseminated online and through partners on an ongoing basis.
Who Can Participate:
- Anyone can join this global conversation. While UN75 seeks to drive conversation in all segments of society - from classrooms to boardrooms, parliaments to village halls - it will place special emphasis on youth, and those who may not normally engage with the United Nations.